Dodge Power Wagon - Books, Magazines, Videos, Articles
Power Wagons In Movies and TV - A list of films that have Power Wagons
- The land of shorter shadows, by Erle Stanley Gardner. William Morrow & Co.(NY), 1948, First Edition.
228 pages. This Gardner's travel memoir of the people, wildlife, and vast expanse of geography, twelve hundred miles of dirt road from Tijuana, Mexico, to Cape San Lucas at the extreme end of Baja California. Over 70 photos give the reader a visual history of the area to accompany the well-written text. Nicely decorated Map endpapers. Travel Memoir from the author of the famed Perry Mason mysteries.
- Auf dem Wege zur Schwarzen Oase That means "On the way to the Black
Oasis" (that is the oasis called Wau en-Namus or Waw en-Namus)
The author is: Nikolaus Benjamin Richter The book was published
in 1960 by: VEB F.A.Brockhaus Verlag, Leipzig (in former East-Germany).
It has a picture of a Power Wagon with a Campbell woodie body on page
- The Man Who Made The Devil Glad, Donald McCaig, 1986, Novel about man and
animals. Main character uses Power Wagon to elude dishonest State trooper.
From page 73: Cub said, "I didn't think it'd bother me but it sure as hell
does." He asked, "Where'd you get that thing?" "That Thing" was an old
Dodge Power Wagon, dark green with a cracked vent window and one bright
orange fender. A dog could have walked under it without bending over. A
tall dog. It had knobby military tires, an oversize military spotlight,
and a new 3/8" cable wrapped around the winch in front.
- Owner's Manual for Dodge Power Wagon, nice reproduction of original, available
from Vintage Power Wagons (VPW)
- Qataban and Sheba, Wendell Phillips, Harcourt, Brace & Co., 1955, Chronicles
expedition through Arabia, lots of Power Wagon stories and pictures
- Operator and Maintenance for all Civilian Models, US Army, 184 pages, (VPW)
- Illustrated Parts, Looseleaf bound, Dodge Power Wagon, 1947-56, 230 pages,
- Illustrated Shop Manual, Dave Butler, covers body and sheet metal, illustrated
- Engine & Clutch rebuilding for M-37, Covers rebuilding as used in the
Civilian Model (VPW)
- New Process 420 Transmission (1958-68) for rebuild (VPW)
- The Dodge Story (VPW)
- Dodge Power Trains and Interchanges, Zentmyer, for WC, 4x4, 6x6, M-37,
and civilian 1-ton Power Wagon 1941-1971 (VPW)
- Power Wagon Service, covers brakes, front and rear axle, transfer case
and differential, Available from Power Wagon Advertiser
- Power Train Survival Guide for WDX-WM300 Power Wagons 1946-1968, Every
bearing and oil seal in the drive train is listed, plus many engine, electrical,
fuel and brake parts, all with modern part numbers used by you local parts
store. Very easy to use. 8 1/2 x 11 32 pages, Greg Coffin, 6318 Modena Lane, Niwot, Colo 80503 ($20 postage paid)
- Index to Power Wagon Advertisers, Greg Coffin, 1156 East 4th St., Loveland,
Colorado 80537 ($20 postage paid) Also available on floppy disk
- Bob Johnson's
Auto Literature, 21 Blandin Ave, Framingham, MA 01702 508-872-9173
- AutoMemories Auto Literature
- Walter Miller, 6710 Brooklawn Parkway, Syracuse, NY 13211, 315-432-8282
- Vintage Power Wagons Inc., 302 South 7th St., Fairfield, IA 52556 (515)
- Portrayal Press - We specialize
in manuals and books on historic U.S. military vehicles, including military
motorcycles, jeeps, military trucks, scout cars,
tanks, amphibians, and much more.
- Military Media - Provider
of Military Training Films, Military Manuals, and Military Manuals on CD-ROM
- King Solomon's Mines Featurette (1950) - Behind the scenes look at the making of King Solomon's Mines, lots of Dodge Power Wagons
- 1950 Dodge Power Wagon Promotional Video, 75 minutes, available
from Vintage Power Wagons
- WHEELS ACROSS AUSTRALIA
Records famed explorers Armand Denis and his wife Michaela taking their
early 1950's Dodge vehicles from the south to the north over the Australian
continent. The sedan and Power Wagon bring us the sights of birds, flowers,
lizards, kangaroo and more, all beautifully filmed.
- Qataban and Sheba. Can be ordered through Vintage Power Wagon
for a $100.00 tax deductible donation to the American Foundation for the
Study of Man. It is 90 minutes, in color with some photography by
George Farrier. A must for Power Wagon owners as they are well featured.
Dodge could almost have used it as a promotional film for the PW. The donation
is for continuing work by the American Foundation in Mareb, Yemen.
It is going on now. The American Foundation was out there last spring
excavating more of the Temple in Mareb. As they raise more money, they
will continue the work.